Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Torture

I had an eye exam today to see if I am a good candidate for Lasik eye surgery. They had to dilate my eyes in order to look around inside my eyes. During one portion of the exam I had to look straight ahead while they held the brightest of bright lights I had ever beheld, close up in my eyes. It was probably one of the most difficult things I have ever had to do physically. The natural reaction to bright light is to look away or close your eyes. I could do neither. I can still FEEL and SEE the brightness of the light. It was so painful. It was almost as if the light was burning the depths of my brain! I really cannot even describe the discomfort and pain. Especially seen as how I have developed a sensitivity to light. I wonder if that is a form of torture within government agencies, like the FBI and the military and all other worldwide groups who feel it necessary to inflict pain on others. It must be. I think if I was forced to stare into a blinding light I'd end up giving all my secrets away. But then again I am not as strong as others.

No comments: