Friday, September 14, 2007

Priceless

This evening my boss gave me probably the best compliment of my life. She told me that I was priceless. I do believe my heart skipped a beat. That sort of compliment doesn't just get thrown around. I especially have never received such an honored compliment. I was in disbelief! I still am and continue to ponder on it. How is it possible for someone to go from feeling worthless to being "priceless" (take notice of my last entry)? All I have ever wanted was to truly be "priceless". Have I finally achieved that? I don't know, but I sure hope I am close. I think everyone has a desire to be remembered, loved. For some reason ever since I was a kid I have wanted to do something, say something that I will be remembered by. So far I have only been remembered for maybe the not so positive or unpleasant things I said or did. With time will I be able to replace those memories with "priceless" memories? I hope so.

What do I find priceless?
My daughters' laughs.
When I come home late at night I go give them hugs while they are sleeping; I stop to hold their hands and notice how they are growing so much yet still seem so small; the touch of their hand in mine, all soft and limp.
My husband's warm body in the bed each night I come home.
A much needed hug.
The other day I bought a set of 16 books, "Teachings of the Prophets", they were very pricey...the words...PRICELESS.
Hearing my daughters playing together.
Hearing my daughters all on their own communicate with each other hurt feelings and express apologies followed with a long embrace. (mind you they are 6 and 4!)
My marriage to my best friend.
When my husband giggles and grins like a young boy having done the most mischievous of acts.

If I find those things priceless, which they truly are, how can I compare with that?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Suz...I can honestly say that I don't have a single negative memory of you! Mind you, however, I do not have Cassandra's memory for details, but you have always been a treasure to me. I am so grateful that we are good friends, not just sisters. I remember when I was living in Utah and I came home for a surprise visit. Everyone was at church, so that is where I decided to pop in on everyone. I made my rounds to greet all the siblings, you were the last one I found...Remember? I sat behind you and tapped you on the shoulder. When you turned around and saw me you started to cry and gave me a big hug. You were 12; I was19. That moment I realized how much you loved me...that moment is priceless to me.

Suzanna said...

I am so sad to say I cannot remember. I have got the worst memory sometimes. I sure wish I could remember this though. What a special memory for you. Thank you for sharing this memory with me. It means a great deal to me to be remembered in a positive way. THANK YOU!