Saturday, September 22, 2007

Signs?

Did any of you see the full lunar eclipse we had just a month or so ago? I did. It was one of the most fascinating and thought provoking viewings of my life. I want to share with you some of those thoughts. Now you must know that these are MY thoughts. You can take it or leave it.

While I was looking at this celestial phenomena my mind repeatedly recalled a particular scripture. Now, I am not a scriptorium, I am FAR from one. I honestly don't even remember where the scripture is at the moment, but for a really fascinating read look up moon in the index of your scriptures. Well, this particular verse repeatedly played through my mind and my thoughts..."the moon shall be as if it were blood" or something to that effect. The moon looked the color of blood! Was this event that I was privileged enough to behold in fact a sign? When Jesus was born there were signs in the heavens to foretell his birth. When he died there were signs of his death. Have we not been told that there will be signs of His great return? Just sharing with you my thoughts on the matter bring great emotions to my whole soul. Excitement runs through my veins at the very thought of personally viewing a sign of the coming of my Lord and Savior! The experience of seeing this eclipse provoked further study on the subject and definitely more curiosities. I began thinking about what other signs will be foretelling the coming of Christ to earth again. When Noah was on the earth the earth was cleansed by a flood. God promised to never flood the earth again. But the earth will be cleansed again...by fire. Can we not read in the paper or see on TV every day something to the effect of "global warming"? Could this be the "fire" we are told of? I had a dream recently. I vividly recall driving in my car with my family for some sort of escape. It was night time and all that could be seen was the brilliant red embers of fire all around us. There was no other sign of life, no other light, not even in the sky, not even light from the head lights of the car. All I could see was this fire everywhere. It did not put off any other color than red. It almost had a look of red hot lava cracking up through the crust of the earth. I remember waking up a bit uneasy, even scared. I have never seen a sight such as this in all my life. Not in movies, TV, magazines, or newspaper. So, what do I think of this dream? I think it was a dream. But I cannot help but wonder, what it will be like to view more signs of the coming of Christ to earth again. My thoughts, my speculations, they are purely mine. No one knows the whens or the hows of His coming except our Father in Heaven. I only want to share to invoke in you some further study on your own. I want to provoke you to ponder these things and maybe even take it a step further and evaluate your own personal life. "What am I personally doing to prepare for His coming?" I ask that just about everyday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How interesting that my children and I were discussing just yesterday, or the day before, the Second Coming of Christ. And here you are writing your thoughts about the subject on your blog. Today Tony and I had a meeting (as members of our Church Branch Council) with our Stake Presidency. We were being taught about personal revelation and purifying our hearts so that we can help others to be ready for Christ and his coming. We were urged to try a little harder each day to improve our strength of faith and character. It seems that there is a common theme here. Each day we must do all that we can do, watch, and be prepared!

tutu with love said...

Very thought provocing views. I think your dream is very interesting. I for one am reminded by these thoughts to reflect on our Lord and Savior. The second coming is surely a time to look forward to. Thank you for sharing.