Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Business Entrepreneurs

Last summer while living in Okinawa Japan I had left a cooler full of melting ice outside. Emily and Lydia came across it and came up with a brilliant idea to make money. Emily went in search of all the necessary supplies to set up shop, a pitcher (actually a watering can for the flower garden) and a flower pot (not quite sure of its purpose, I don't know if she really knew either), her piggy bank to give change to her friends when they came shopping, and a request for me to make the official sign. She told me what to write and I wrote it word for word. This was the sign...

Ice For Sale
$1 a cube, if it doesn't melt first

They were both so excited and proud of themselves for coming up with such a clever plan. Too bad it was 90 degrees outside and their merchandise was melting faster than it was selling. I didn't want to be too discouraging of their creativity but when they actually had a neighbor kid come and ask to buy an ice cube I really could not allow him to pay for it. So, the girls changed the sign to FREE ice cubes. All the kids, especially Emily and Lydia, had a blast with it non the less.

1 comment:

tutu with love said...

A Dollar per ice cube!! may not be so far fetched in the future! I mean, whoever thought we would be paying so much for Water?

Your kids my be ahead of thier time.

Thank you for sharing your cute story