Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Imagine

My Lydia for about 2 years now has had an imaginary friend. This friend is amazing. She is called Little Girl. Honestly this little girl can do ANYTHING! I guess first I should tell you what Little Girl looks like. To put it most simply Little Girl is Lydia's index finger and middle finger...this makes up her 2 legs. One day Lydia entertained us over dinner with all the amazing tricks Little Girl can do. "She can jump really high" Lydia says while jumping her two little fingers off the table and high above her head. "She can do flips" while the two fingers are coming back down to the table they are twisting and turning in all directions. And she can also run really fast, I think you can visualize that motion! Anytime Lydia brings little girl out I bust up laughing. For a couple months around the time of our move Little Girl never came out to play. I thought that maybe Lydia was done with that phase. And to be honest I kinda missed the funny little girl. While on the airplane for our lengthy 15 hour flight Lydia informed me that Little Girl was staying in Okinawa. Then one day about a month or so after moving here we were driving in the car and I noticed Lydia looking out her window kind of in a dreamy state. Then out came her little fingers and she says to me "look Mommy, Little Girl swam all the way here from Okinawa!" I could not hold back the laughter. Lydia has also come across a little soft stuffed Polly Pocket doll (I believe it was in some kid meal or something). It seems as those this doll has officially taken on the name of Little Girl and can do almost just as amazing tricks. She is not as cute as Lydia's little fingers, nor is she as talented, but she certainly has taken on a wonderful role in my daughter's imaginative play. Little Girl has become quite a major part of our family. I cannot imagine life without her.

2 comments:

tutu with love said...

What a fun, and happy little girl. I'm sure glad Little Girl was able to swim all that way.

Suzanna said...

Thank you for your posts and enjoying my stories.