Monday, March 22, 2010

Dinners You Have Missed

I made my first Corned Beef and Cabbage for St Patrick's Day. I admit completely and honestly, I WILL NEVER MAKE THAT AGAIN. The vegetables were everyone's favorite for one reason, the meat was SO fatty! I had no idea how fatty that meat is! I spent the evening after the meal separating the fat from the meat. It was a huge waste of time just to get a smidgen of meat. Everything tasted good once the fat had all been removed. I must admit though, it sure was pretty!



I really enjoy black bean burgers. I do not claim making the burger, I just claim eating it. I did make the delicious Red Potato, oven baked, fries. Those were tasty. My husband thought I had bought those too. To be honest the best part of the burger was the cheese on top! It was a New York Buffalo sauce cheese. MMMMMMMMMM!



Saving my favorite recent recipe for last....I can't even remember what it is called! It was a wild rice salad with cranberries, walnuts, green onion, and chicken. Definitely a keeper! Everyone loved it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looking at your wonderful photos and reading about the ingredients made me totally hungry. I had to go out to the kitchen and get myself some chips and salsa.

Your mother also enjoyed the photos and descriptions. Now she wants to have your recipe for the potato wedges and the rice dish.

I'm proud of you, Suez. MDG