Monday, March 22, 2010

Favorite Meal of the Day

Breakfast is my favorite food and I do not typically make it for breakfast. Although, I have found that Sunday brunch is a really nice time to make breakfast. As a matter of fact, just yesterday I made my new favorite pancake recipe. I was too busy eating to even think of taking a photo. So, that will have to be added next time I indulge! The recipe consists of spelt flour, fresh blueberries, pecans, cinnamon, and bananas if I happen to have them. Something about the spelt gives these delicious flap jacks a yummy crispy outer nuttiness, and I'm not talking about the pecans!

Puffy Pancake: that is what I grew up calling this delicious breakfast item. A few years back I tried the English version of the stuff which consisted of baking the mixture with sausage and serving it with onion gravy, this version was not my favorite. Something about warm fruit and puffy pancake reminds me of my Mom. Puffy pancake is definitely one of my comfort foods. This one here is made for the first time using spelt flour. Using spelt makes this recipe much more filling than the white floor I traditionally used. I could eat half a pan of the stuff by myself using white flour. I served the puffed oven pancake with fresh blueberries, pineapples, and strawberries. YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM!




Tropical oatmeal: oats (I was too hungry to wait for the steel cut oats to cook so I used instant, which I am not a huge fan of since I have tried steel cut), fresh pineapple, bananas, coconut cream, walnuts, and non-sweetened coconut for topping, make this one delicious oatmeal!



Eggs Benedict: I have never before tried to even make poached eggs let alone a funky sauce to go over them. I don't know that I will make these again, but for my first I think they were pretty tastey. I was inspired to even make this recipe because of an excellent movie called Run Away Bride. The movie was on my mind and I remembered she went on a mission to discover what her favorite way to eat eggs was. I have never taken on such a mission and was curious if I too would like Eggs Benedict. I think my favorite will always be scrabbled with garlic and a little cheese.

No comments: