Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Much Needed Date

Kevin and I haven't been on a date in ages! My good friend kept Lydia for us so we could go goof off for a bit. First we went ice skating. This was only my second time to go ice skating. There was only 4 of us on the rink, so it was quite fun to have it pretty much to ourselves. We are quite spazes (is that a word?) on the ice. But we really don't care, well, at least I don't. It felt good to be a kid for a little while. Remember the last time I goofed off and wanted to act like a kid again? Well, it pretty much happened again, minus the somersault. Kevin and I fell so many times that our elbows and knees were black and blue when we finished. But like I always say, "if you don't get hurt you are not playing hard enough". That saying goes for work as well. The morning after our ice skating adventure my neck hurt so bad! I couldn't believe that all the money I spent on a chiropractor just got flushed down the toilet! At least now I know a few tricks to be a bit more comfortable. I also can't believe how OLD I feel. These several past injuries are really reminding me that I am not getting younger and I need to give myself a real good kick in the behiney and get back in shape or else I won't make it to 40. I was just whining to Kevin today that I will end up being 35 and confined to a couch eating potato chips. I cannot have that! He threatened to take away all of my strenuous extra curricular activities if I continue to injure myself. And that definitely cannot happen. I just don't know what I will do if I cannot goof off every once in a while!

See how happy I am when I am with Kevin being silly? I want to be like this more. This date awakened something in not only me but Kevin as well. We are too young still to be so serious all the time. I think it is not healthy. I am making it more of a point to goof off on a more regular basis. It could be tickling Emily or giving Lydia a horsey ride home from school, or even out of the blue tackle Kevin. But no matter what I will not act my age 24/7 one day longer. I have once again been reminded of how important it is to continue to date the person you marry. This date brought Kevin and I closer. I have missed him. I have missed the sparks that fly when we are together. An older woman at the rink practicing approached me in Kevin's absence asked me how long we had been together...March will mark out 8 year wedding anniversary! She thought we were adorable and it made her miss her new love interest. I sure do love Kevin. He is the love that I always dreamed of as a youth. He is the friend I always called out for. I am so thankful he heard me calling out for him.

This video isn't has hilarious as it was supposed to be. This is my attempt at figure skating. Do you think I should go pro?
Kevin accidentally stopped the camera right before I gracefully fell into the most perfect spread eagle on my back sort of move! It really was graceful too. I just laid there laughing and freezing to death. Getting up was harder than falling!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was funny! I wish we could have seen the end results. No, sorry, you should NOT go pro. LOL. But you are way better than me. I am impressed! This reminds me of a singles outing years ago before Bryan and I started dating. I desperately wanted to impress him. As usual, I kept falling. All I could do was hang on the wall as I stumbled around. The rink was quite crowded too. Thankfully I don't think Bryan even really noticed. He was busy impressing some Chinese there with his lingo. ANYWAY-- I recall being mortified because of being such a "spaz". I have iceskated several times and hated it. I swore that last time I never would again. The pain wasn't worth it. So far I have kept that promise! Thankfully I didn't detour Bryan from falling for me.

Anonymous said...

OOOPS! That was Cassandra above.

Anonymous said...

I am completely jealous of your abilities! I have only gone ice skating once in my life. I too was striving to impress some good looking boys. I was terrified of getting hurt or looking like a dork. I only let go of the wall once and fell flat on my backside! Three years later one of the boys became my husband, fortunately he doesn't even remember the incident. I wonder if Cassandra's twin, (opps, I mean the "anonymous" poster), remembers this event.

Anonymous said...

It's funny. I remember before you started dating, saying that you could never marry a friend. I'm glad to see that you have.

Suzanna said...

I do not remmeber ever saying that. If I wasn't going to marry a friend who did I expect to marry? My enemy? What a silly girl I was.