Tuesday, November 6, 2007

BLAH!

It has been so long since my last post. I am slacking in my life in so many ways. Do you ever feel like that? It is actually exhausting me how far behind I am. I am trying not to think about my slacker attitude right now, it makes me dizzy in a sleepy way. There have been so many things I have wanted to post on here, I just haven't taken the time to do so.

Lydia has been saying some of the funniest things. Example...Last Saturday I sat down with the girls and said, "look around. How does the way the house look make you feel?" Emily answered, "sad, I want to have a nice clean house". Lydia said, "sad, because I don't want to have to clean it". What a crack up. Today we spent some time with a friend of mine in the car. Apparently Lydia and my friend's baby had enough of being in the car because the baby was really upset and Lydia kept whining about wanting to go home so she didn't have to listen anymore. When we got back to our house I had to drag her out of the car. I got after her a little and said, "two seconds ago you were crying about wanting to go home and now I have to drag you to the house. Did Leslie (the upset baby) turn you into a baby?" She snapped "NO CAUSE BABIES DON'T HAVE SPECIAL POWERS!" I laughed so hard she got mad at me for making fun of her. I had to explain to her that I was laughing at what she said, NOT her. Then she said, "nobody has special powers on this planet, only Heavenly Father and Jesus do and they are in heaven."

Let's see, what else...I got to go horse back riding for the first time in a month on Friday. I hadn't been able to ride due to my silly somersault. It was such a wonderful way to start my day. Of course I didn't want it to end. I rode Fat Jack again (by the way his name is Cisco). He did really well for me. I am working on getting him to continue a gallop around the bend of the corral. My friend told me I was doing really well. I'd love to have lessons. She told me I was "posting" really well on the trot. I said, "what's that?" I find horseback riding very natural to me. My friend gives me great pointers, I think it would be awesome to have more!

Kevin has enrolled in his 3rd semester at BSU. I cannot believe he is on his 3rd already! I am so happy that time is slipping by so quickly. The 1st semester was really bad. This one has been really hard on him but the family has adjusted to the "change" in our lives very nicely this semester so it has seemed to me a lot better than the last.

I recently read in my sister in law's blog about blogs being a place to brag. Well, I don't have anything to brag about except my amazing husband. I will brag about him and for him. He is doing so well at balancing his life right now. He has become the most amazing father in the time he gets to spend with Emily and Lydia in the evenings. He hadn't had that the past 7 years. Military lifestyle was really hard on him as far as being a father. He never got to spend time with them the way I did. Now he gets that and he loves it. I love that he loves that. On top of that he is doing so well in school. I am so proud of him. He is taking really difficult classes and he gets up at 2 and 3 in the morning and pulls the best grades. He just joined an honor society and I know he is just going to continue doing well, because he has his priorities straight.

Is that enough bragging? I'll post some photos that I took next time I blog. I know this entry is so ho-hum. I wish my life was not so ho-hum right now. I wish my mind was flooded with deep thoughts and ideas. But to be honest my brain is beat. Who knows why! It isn't like I am doing anything in my life that requires any real brain power!

No comments: