Tuesday, November 20, 2007

All tied up

It was the afternoon of a rather quiet day, Kevin and I were sitting at the table just visiting for a bit before I had to go to work. Then, out of no where bursting through our quiet conversation Emily came running into the room, "Hurry Lydia is stuck and needs help" she said dramatically. I figured it was nothing serious so I stayed put while Kevin checked out the damage. He came back within seconds with a huge grin and whispering "come quickly". I reluctantly got up, I was not feeling good and did not want to deal with some thing ridiculous that Lydia got herself into. I came around the corner of the girls' room and could not contain the laugh that exploded out of me. With that Lydia too exploded, but not with laughter. She got so upset that she started pull and kicking and screaming. She had taken Emily's sweater tie and used it to tie her legs to the bed, in the process of her fit she pulled the sweater tie so hard that it had tightened even more around her legs. I couldn't get the knots out because one, they were so tight around her legs and second, she wouldn't stop kicking and pulling on the tie. Kevin ran and grabbed me scissors and I gently had to push the sharp scissors between the extremely tight tie and her swelling ankles. Once the tie had been cut off both legs I rubbed Lydia's ankles and she calmed down enough to answer this question, "what on earth did you do that for!?"

This is the best part! "I wanted to climb the rope to the top of the bunk bed but in case I fell I didn't want to fall all the way to the floor so I tied it to my legs." Can you visualize her thought process? I'm sorry but the whole thing still makes me laugh. I am glad that she did not actually get to the point of climbing the rope and that I was able to save her feet from falling off, but this picture is too perfect for future humiliation. And maybe I am a sick and demented mother, but it really cracks me up!

This was hopefully Lydia's one and only attempt at bungee jumping.










1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have to tell you--- I was skimming these pics real quick so I could passify Caleb and get off of here. I completely busted up and just HAD to read the post that went with it. I laughed hystarically. So hard I even started coughing. What a crack up. I don't recall having the "thought process" that our little girls (the 5 year olds) seem to have. Kids are getting brighter and even more witty. Thanks for the laugh!! Tell Lydia she is absolutely adorable.

Cassandra