Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Shoe Update

Just a few weeks since my post on shoes and I feel like a new person. I am not saying that going for those ugly black shoes five days a week has become easy or enjoyable, but I certainly put them on with a new appreciation and outlook on my position in life right now. I even find my drive to work more pleasant and I certainly enjoy the quiet. I used to drive to work listening to something on the radio, now I have silence, and I so need the silence. I appreciate the silence. I plan my days more wisely and fill them to the brim. Since the post on shoes my schedule has also changed. I used to have Friday and Saturday off, now I have Sunday and Monday off and I must say that getting Sunday off has also made a huge difference in the rest of my week. I feel like I have more time. I also get to actually relax, which doesn't happen too often. I must put in my "day of rest" speech. I am so grateful to have that commandment. I cannot imagine life with out a day of rest. I cannot imagine going every single day of my life without Sunday, attending church, being at home without pressure of doing some chore or something, taking a nap, reading uplifting books, and listening to my children play quiet games and do puzzles. There is no other day in all of my week that compares to my Sabbath Day.

My friend Rena and I now get together on Mondays to scrapbook, which also wasn't happening before the schedule change. We also squeeze in some riding on Fridays before I head to work. I love being able to do things I enjoy. Life seems more enjoyable and also endurable (is that a word?), when I am able to relax and be with my friends and my family. Sadly I had not been able to make friends since I had moved here, my schedule and lack of vehicle, prevented me from meeting anyone. It just so happened mine and Rena's daughter were in the same class at church and begged for a play date, and since then Rena has been a dear friend and has helped me to find happiness outside just my family.

So, I am much happier in my shoes, whatever shoes I may be wearing!

3 comments:

Angela Draper said...

I am so glad that things are going better for you in Idaho and that you have such a good friend. I had just been asking people around here how you are doing and am so glad you checked my blog out. I will have to check in on yours again :)

Anonymous said...

A first comment from your sis--- I usually spell it Suz, what's up with the Suez? And, how do I find your previous show post so I can get "filled in"?

cassandra said...

Hey, that was me above! I decided to go ahead and register on here.