Friday, October 19, 2007

Happy Moment : I'm Leaving On A Jet Plane

I have not seen my family in 4 years! My family in it's entirety has not been together in well over 7 years, mainly because of me. This Christmas my Dad wanted us to all get together and I was so distraught over the whole decision, "should I stay or should I go now" (that is a good song by the way). I had made up my mind to stay here in Boise with my family and put off my siblings and parents for another year or so. I had chosen not to go for too many reasons to list. The choice was painful and I hated talking about it because every time I did I would cry. I like living far away from extended family (Kevin and I have not lived any where near family for 7 years), but at the same time I love to get together with them. We have fun. I spent yesterday and today recalling those fun times and reminded myself that I may not get another opportunity to be with all 6 siblings at my parents again any time soon. So, I sucked it up (all the many reason NOT to go) and I bought a ticket to Missouri for a few days after Christmas. My sweet little family will not be with me, I even felt a little selfish about this, but at the same time I am so excited to go do something on my own. I haven't done anything like this since, uh, 1999 when I flew out to Utah to see Kevin and he proposed to me!

Well, that is my happy moment for today. What was yours?

No comments: