Wednesday, October 17, 2007

A Quest

A couple weeks ago I read an article about happiness, remember it was the source of "evil" that "made" me do a backward somersault to remain youthful and fun? (I am rarely sarcastic, this is one of those moments. I just needed to blame my accident on something other than myself.) Realizing that I took the article way beyond the author intended I decided to look at his words differently. Life is way too short to be so overwhelmed and "grown up" and unhappy (meaning all the stuff in life that may put some tension in your neck or a frown on your face".

While at the Chiropractor today I was told that living a stress-free life is a good step to recovery. HA! I thought that was funny. But then I started thinking about the receptionist's comment and this is the main question I came up with..."How on earth does anyone live a stress free life who is neither a monk nor some carefree hippie?"

My quest is this...to spend some time each day reflecting on what made me happy that day and to take 5 minutes doing absolutely nothing but lay on my bed and not think of any of my worries or stresses, to breath deeply and just be free. Part of that quest is going to be reporting on those happy moments. And I am re"quest"ing your happy posts as well. Sharing happy moments is probably the best thing anyone could ever do. Laughter is contagious and so are smiles.

As for my very first day on this quest I am finding it difficult to even begin. What is a quest if there aren't good days, bad days, and some in between. It just so happens that the day I decide to start this quest for recognizing the good in my life I start out on a bad foot. But I cannot expect to progress further without even trying. So, let's see...my happy moment today was...a phone call from my sister. It wasn't a phone call that made me happy, I actually did more crying than anything, but the phone call from my sister told me she was thinking of me and loved me. That makes me happy. Also the 2 second thought I gave to the lovely view of fall made me VERY happy. But like I said, that lasted about 2 seconds. I would have loved to have dedicated more thought to the view of God's creations. I am happy to be in an area that has Autumn, the changing leaves, the skies that threaten of snow (though I do not care for snow I do LOVE clouds), autumn alone makes me snugly and warm. I am feeling better already just forcing myself to recall the good in my day! I shall continue! Another thing that brings me GREAT relief and joy is that I completed the 6th and 7th books in the Harry Potter series in 6 days (finished late last night). To complete both in 5 days, working a full time job and taking care of my family, required some mad crazy reading. I don't think I have ever read that insanely in my whole life. I finished one and immediately began the next. I read at every opportunity and way too late into the night! Even today my eyes and brain are so exhausted I find it difficult to focus. But I am through and that makes me happy. Now I can get back to my life.

I'd love to hear your happy moment for the day. Please share!

No comments: