Saturday, October 20, 2007

Happy Moment: Dollar Store Treasure

I ventured to the Dollar Tree, I believe that is what it is called, for the first time today. I was on a mission...to purchase a Halloween bowl for work. When we first moved back to the US we were told that we just had to go to a dollar store. So, we did. We were incredibly disappointed. The store we had gone to had a bunch of junk and was totally disorganized. Mind you we moved here from Okinawa Japan, home of the 100yen store. It is the most amazing store. You could spend hours searching through the many items that the store offers for 100yen, equivalent to a dollar, for that one treasure. I'd leave the store having spent 2000yen and have some tasty Japanese treats, funny poorly translated into English t-shirts, and anything else mine or my children's hearts desired. As you can see we were expecting a lot from these US dollar stores and we were seriously let down. When I entered this Dollar Tree I was pleasantly surprised. They were already putting out Christmas decor, there were bags of Halloween candy, the bowl I had gone in for, and numerous other items that caught my attention. I spent all of 10 minutes inside but decided this store was worth my return. Just before getting in line for check out the greatest treasure I could find was right in front of me. RAZZLES!!!!!!! Need I say more as to why that is my happy moment for the day? OK, one more word, maybe 3...Thirteen Going on Thirty. Best movie EVER!

One more side happy thought for the road...Snow on the mountains...it is a beautiful day! The way the clouds cast shadows over the mountains the misty look at the caps, the snow. Beautiful, simply beautiful.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uh, what are Razzles???

Anonymous said...

Come on Dad. You don't know what Razzles are? LOL.

What does the movie have to do with the dollar store? And, yes, The Dollar Tree, is probably the better of the dollar store chains.

Cassandra

Suzanna said...

Absolutely nothing! Just that I bought razzles at the dollar store and Kevin and I were sitting on the couch enjoying razzles and the candy that is a gum inspired us to enjoy the razzles with the awesome movie.