Friday, February 26, 2010

Absent Minded

I completely forgot to tell you the whole reason why I posted the accident! Where is my mind these days?

So, about 2 hours later I was riding my bike back by the scene of the accident, which was still being investigated and cleaned and an attempt at bringing order back to the area. Just as I was coming out of the mess, the local freeloading bum that stands at the corner says in my direction with a smirk and chuckle, "Man I wish I had video taped that!" I simply shook my head and rode on by. I still cannot believe the nerve that man had! I shouldn't judge too harshly seen as how I don't know the intent of his filming the accident or how he felt 2 hours earlier having been witness to the accident. But come on! The accident isn't a joke, the lives of the people involved, the young idiot driving drunk at 10am, none of which sounds humorous or entertaining to me and I am appalled that the man with the "help me" sign would conjure up something so ridiculous as "I wish I had video taped it".

Maybe my issues aren't making much sense, I am just so upset that he found humor in it when for hours now I have been concerned for the people and have had little else on my mind. Maybe that is his coping mechanism for having witnessed it, but I just cannot joke about something as serious as life and death, especially when it involves an underage DUI.

No comments: