Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Blog Layout Help

I thought I would try my hand at modifying html codes adjusting my new blog appearance, but it just doesn't have the curb appeal I had hoped for. The layout options are endless, but I the great picky one, have not found the perfect layout yet. I have seen a plethora of cutesy layouts that look like scrapbooks, a gazillion that just don't apply to my blog, and plain and simple that just don't shout, READ ME! My blog is so much of who I am inside that I don't want to come across boring or unapproachable. When I came across this new layout I absolutely fell in love! I saw and seriously longed to be right there! Which is exactly how I want my blog to feel. The problem with this new layout is that the words are really difficult to read. Do you agree or disagree?

I have widened the boxes containing all the writing but have yet to figure out how to make the box less transparent. Any clues out there on how to achieve this while still keeping the beautiful background image? I have given myself a headache over this one and I am going to have to throw in the towel for now. I hope to get some feedback from my readers. So, what do you think? Too difficult to read? Any code suggestions (this would be most appreciated)?

5 comments:

Liz said...

It is kind of hard to see the words. Have you tried changing the font color? I think that might help a lot. I really like the background!

Parkes Family said...

THe words are hard on the eyes, but the background is amazing. Playing with the font color is my only suggestion.

Suzanna said...

Font color wasn't helpful. I prefer black font over every other color and it is even more difficult to read. That is why I am trying to figure out how to make it opaque rather than transparent. I might try a contrasting color for now.

Rena said...

Can you edit the code? you can tell the image to be somewhat transparent, something like this:

style="opacity:0.4;filter:alpha(opacity=40)"

Suzanna said...

You Rock Rena! I was totally thinking about asking you and never got around to it! I will try those codes!