Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Jesus' Parables

In my reading of Jesus the Christ I recently studied 3 different parables taught by the great Teacher. Found in Matthew chapter 25 we read about 3 very important lessons that are taught in a way that will be remembered and applied. That is one reason I love Jesus. He teaches in such a way that I am able to visualize myself into His teachings and it is easy to see how it applies to me.

These 3 parables are in a chronological order that makes me think that it was done on purpose. If you take each parable you will see my thinking as well.

First Jesus tells the parable of the 10 Virgins. The message: Watch and Be Prepared. Then he tells the parable of the Entrusted Talents. The message: Take what he has given us and multiply it. The final parable, to me, wraps it all together; it is the parable of the dividing of the sheep from the goats. The message: Judgement at the last days.

I know that a thorough study of Christ's teachings, both within the Bible and the Book of Mormon, will not only prepare us for this life but the life to come. Being ever watchful for His return, doing all within our power to prepare both spiritually and physically for His return, taking the talents He has bestowed upon each of us so graciously and not only adding upon them in quantity but in quality as well, and then when He comes again and calls us to His presence we will be able to stand before Him good and faithful servants on His right side.

It is my greatest prayer and hope that all may come to this knowledge so that when He comes again we may each receive our reward.

2 comments:

Liz said...

Hey Suzanna! I love your insight on things like this! Did I ever tell you that I always loved it when you gave the VT message. Instead of reading me what is says in the Ensign, you expounded on it and made it more personal. We need to get together some time. I've got a cold right now that I'm sure you don't want, but sometime soon we need to get our families together!!

Suzanna said...

You never told me that. Thank you so much for telling me now. It is good to hear. Did you ever get my message about my girls wanting to get together with you and help plant your yard? I also saw Lane at Paul's one day. He helped me with Lydia's tire. Any who I would LOVE to get together. We still need to meet your realtor so he can talk us into buying a home...hahaha