Tuesday, December 9, 2008

A Silly Girl

Yesterday my youngest and I spent a bit of time just goofing off. It is probably one of my favorite times being a mother, out of the blue have spontaneous nonsensicle fun.

Here's the story... I was sitting at the computer doing some research for an idea I had for our church christmas party. Lydia was tired of me not paying attention to her. She tried every trick in the book to get me off the computer and messing around with her, whether it was good or bad she got my attention. I decided that I had enough of all her tricks and gave in. She started this whole photo shoot with her own self portrait while sitting on my back (that was one of her last tricks she pulled before I gave in). We had some good laughs while being silly. I love Lydia. I love her silliness. I love how she makes me laugh, when I don't want to laugh, when I shouldn't laugh, and when I really really shouldn't laugh because I should be the parent telling her to stop when it is really not the right time, like when she is in trouble or it is a quiet moment at church.

4 comments:

Rena said...

That's awesome. I need to learn from you. I'm way too serious :)

Suzanna said...

I think we all need a little silliness in our lives. When I am feeling too serious I get grumpy and actually need some silliness. It eases my tension.

Anonymous said...

I would have posted this an hour ago but I have been busy cleaning the barf out of my keyboard. I was doing fine with the lovely photos of Lydia, but then the "music" got the best of me. Where did you get those "songs"??? You're lucky that I don't know how to hack into your computer or you would definitely loose some of those numbers. 8-)

Your little girls kind of remind me of my granddaughters. They are beautiful. And you're not too bad looking yourself.

Suzanna said...

Hey Dad...the songs are meant to be HILARIOUS! Sorry to make you sick. :(