Wednesday, December 10, 2008

a Funny Narration

A couple nights ago the girls and I were in the car going to Archiver's to get some free prints. For reasons unknown to me the girls and I engage in some of the most interesting conversation while driving in the car. This night in particular was rather hilarious. I just listened, as making my way in the dark, to my sweet girls carry on the oddest conversation known to Mothers. I missed the beginning of the conversation, due to my own day dreaming, so I will just start my narration at the point when I tuned in.

Emily: "I wish I were more flexible like the girl on Charlie and the Chocolate Factory Movie so that I can do all the flips and tricks I want without getting hurt or all the practice and hard work."

Lydia: "I am so frustrated that I am not a monkey. I wish that I were so that I could climb onto the top of all the buildings and swing from lights and trees, just like Curious George."

(So, as you can imagine, my ears perked up.)

The seriousness of my daughters' voices continues as their conversation continues.

Lydia: "I am also really worried."

ME: "WHY?" I asked, hoping I didn't cause the conversation to take a turn from serious to silly, because I thought it was too hilarious that my daughters were carrying on such a hilarious conversation without even breaking a smile, they were truly in complete and utter seriousness!

Lydia: "I know I am a really strong and fast girl, but I am worried because I can't learn to fly because I might fall and get hurt and I really really want to be a super hero but I am afraid of getting hurt while flying and doing tricks and stuff."

ME: holding breath, plugging nose, turning blue, just to prevent from cracking up.


Ok, so their conversation continued in this manner and for some reason my questions caused Emily to reprimand me.

Emily: "Mom you are hurting Lydia's feelings. I think she is going to cry. She is really serious Mom."

ME: "I am sorry Lydia, I do not mean to hurt your feelings. Are you really serious?"

Lydia: "Yes, Mommy, I am. I really am scared of not learning to fly because I am scared of falling."

I went on to explain to my girls that they will be able to do anything they want with hard work and focus. I also explained to them that when I was a girl driving in the car with my parents I used to pretend I was a horse and running alongside the car and high speeds and jumping over huge canyons and such. So, imaginations can be wonderful things but to remember what is pretend and what is real.

Since that night, every chance they have had to play together it is spent being monkeys and swinging from tree tops.

Children...AREN'T THEY THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Katherine said...

That is so cute Suzanna, I'm glad you wrote it down.

Anonymous said...

I'll admit . . . you have a couple of mighty cute girls. They obviously take after their mother.
-MDG-

Suzanna said...

Thanks papa~ Thanks Katherine, Glad you poth enjoyed it.