Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day

I was volunteering at my children's school today and there just happened to be an assembly. The assembly today was for first quarter awards and prizes and also to allow the second grade classes the opportunity to perform some songs they had been working on. The assembly started with the second graders leading us in our National Anthem and then we all recited the Pledge of Allegiance. Perphaps I am too sentimental but while singing the National Anthem I cared not whether or not I was heard, I belted out the song with all energy of heart with hand on my heart and tears filling my eyes. Then when it came time to say the Pledge my emotions overcame me and I got all choked up. I observed the other parents close by and saw some just standing, some saying the words but no hand on the heart, a couple doing as I did but probably with less emotion. Listening to the children is what brought on my emotion. These children are the ones who will lead us in the future. They are the ones whom we should look to, making sure they are properly educated, loved, and cared for. I love this country, I love what we stand for. I love my God! I know that He has given us this great land. I PRAY this country continues to be great!

2 comments:

Julie said...

That is really cool Suzanna! I lately get pretty patriotically emotional.

Suzanna said...

I am so glad to hear I am not the only one. I feel like such a gush sometimes.