Wednesday, February 20, 2008

It's Raining

It's raining; it's pouring.
The old man is snoring.
He bumped his head as he went to bed,
And couldn't get up in the morning.

Ah, such wonderful nursery rhymes we tell our children! Another version of this rhyme mentions the old man covering his head. When it is raining I too like to just curl up, cover my head, and never get out of bed; no, not even in the morning!
Figuratively speaking, it's raining; it's pouring...in my life. And once again, all I want to do is go to bed, cover my head, and NOT get up in the morning. I want to just sleep away the rain.

I know that when storms come in our lives there truly is an end. And when the storm ends there is sunshine! And what magnificent sunshine there will be! There are rainbows, birds singing, puddles to jump in, and that wonderful fresh and clean scent! Ah, I love a good storm.

I do not care so much for those life storms as much as I do nature, but I do look forward to those end results of the storm. Life seems brighter, cleaner, fresher, more fun and enjoyable; just like jumping in puddles and looking at rainbows.

So, WAKE UP, GET OUT OF BED! Face this storm prepared; with an umbrella, rubber boots, and a bucket; just in case it floods.










A big thank you to FreeFoto.com for the beautiful photos.

No comments: